Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rescue Her

   Wow, so the topic of human trafficking and sex slavery is one that I am just beginning to dip my toes in and already it has my heart hurting, longing for there to be freedom for each person. The injustice of it all.  It hurts the most to hear of the little girls being abused. I believe there is hope, there are answers, there are ways out...maybe we can all make a little difference...actually I know we can! Each life matters, each person deserves freedom and a healthy life free from mistreatment and pain. This is the same mindset that Josie Carignan had when she started Rescue Her. Each one matters.


Here is Josie's story:

My name is Josie Carignan. I am a wife and a mother of three wonderful children. Rescue Her was born out of the desire in my heart to do SOMETHING to help the helpless in the darkest places; victims of Human Trafficking. They can not help themselves. For a long time I wasn’t sure what to do, and I kept being overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem. It is easier just to turn a blind eye. “What could I possibly do that would make a difference?” I kept telling myself.


One day that changed. I had one of those life changing moments with God. I felt him speak to my heart saying: “My light is greater than even this darkness. And it is ok that you can’t help everybody, but you CAN rescue one... and then another, and another.” And out of that moment Rescue Her was born. To sit and do nothing just was no longer an option. I believe that most people want to help, just like I did, they just need to know how.


When I started Rescue Her I was a stay at home mom living in a small town without any real financial means to make an impact. It took a lot of creativity and hard work to see the vision of Rescue Her become a reality. Looking at it now, seeing what God has done through the tiny steps of faith I took, it was worth every bit and I am amazed at the impact we are having as we come together and decide to act.
Maybe you, just like I did, want to do something, but you're not sure how. I hope Rescue Her is an answer to that question, and that you will come on board with us, and together we can rescue many!
Love,
Josie
Some Facts about Human Trafficking



   Here are some of the products you can buy from Rescue Her's website. The proceeds will go to help bring freedom to girls around the world. Rescue Her is partnered with SHE Rescue Home in Cambodia.

Handcrafted Thai Twine Bracelet in PinkHandcrafted Thai Twine Bracelet in Turquoise
"It's Not OK" Wristband1" Rescue Her Black Silicone Wristband
    NEW ARRIVAL!Unisex Athletic Cut Gray 'It's Not OK' t-shirtWomen's 'It's Not OK' T-shirt
 12oz Bag of Whole Bean ZOE

   There are so many ways you can be involved, buying these products is just one way. For more ideas click here.

Love,
Jessica

Photos, videos and information were used with permission and can be found at www.rescueher.org

2 comments:

  1. We love "Rescue Her" and the work Josie and her team are doing to give hope to the hopeless. We purchased Zoe coffee to give to all our friends and neighbors this past Christmas. Thank you, Jessica, for your blog and for raising awareness and encouraging people to "purchase with a purpose".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paige! I love that you gave all your friends Zoe coffee for Christmas, what a great idea! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete